Application Documents for 2019 Georgia State University Summer Programs
1. Summer Instituteis a month-long academic (for-credit) program held in July. Students come with F1 student visa. This program does not require a TOEFL score. Alternatively, Georgia State University can do the evaluations via Skype or WeChat to determine students’ English proficiency levels for placement.
- Dates: June 30 – August 1, 2019
- Courses:https://international.gsu.edu/summerinstitute/courses/(all students take two courses: one field-specific course, one English course)
- Program Application:https://undergradapply.gsu.edu/apply/?sr=fc1b7fee-2b76-4082-b2a1-0269d10cf715
- Scholarship Application:https://international.gsu.edu/summerinstitute/summer-institute-scholarship/
- Application deadline: March 30, 2019
- As part of the Summer Institute, visiting students are paired withGeorgia State student buddiesfor language practice and friendship.
- Price: $4,900 (includes in-state tuition/fees for 6 credits, housing, flexible meal plan, insurance, local transportation, and excursions).
- More information: gsu.edu/summerinstitute.
2. I-Speedis a shorter-length, non-credit program in the latter half of July. Students come with B1 or B2 business visa.
- Dates: July 18 – August 1, 2019
- Program Application:https://international.gsu.edu/students-and-scholars/ispeed/apply/
- Application deadline:May 1, 2019
- Lecture/Workshop Topics: Street Art, The Science of Learning, Intercultural Communication, Contemporary Social Issues.
- As part of the I-Speed, visiting students are paired withGeorgia State student buddiesfor language practice and friendship.
- Price: $1,950 (includes program fee, housing, flexible meal plan, and cultural excursions, including a Florida trip.)
- More information: http://international.gsu.edu/students-and-scholars/ispeed/.
Students cannot take official leave by particiapting these programs.